While the library is closed, check out our online offerings. If you have any questions or issues using the resources below, contact the library by phone, 920-346-2350, email, email@example.com, or connect on Facebook with Brandon Library to chat.
FACEBOOK: Every weekday, the Brandon Public Library is posting a Children’s story on their Facebook page AND every weekday at 2:30 PM, we’re hosting QT (Quarantine Trivia) Family Challenge on Facebook live. Tune in and win prize baskets. Find us at: https://www.facebook.com/brandon.libra.16 and be sure we’re friends.
LIBBY: Download ebooks and audiobooks with the Libby app using your library card. You can download the Libby app in your smart device's app store. Remember to sign in to see additional copies of popular titles purchased just for Winnefox patrons!
BRANDON TIMES: Look back at all the Brandon Times Newspaper Archives. Search issue or by keywords. Must have a Winnefox Library card to access the issues. Access issues here.
GALE COURSES: Take advantage of online learning with Gale Learning Courses free at home. Get started today at https://education.gale.com/l-winnefox
For more free digital resources, visit our Resources page.
TAKE A VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP
- Monday, March 16 - Dan Gutman (author) will read parts of his new book live on Facebook at 1:00 p.m. Central Time. https://www.facebook.com/Dan-Gutman-60020139122/
- Beginning March 16, the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden will live stream Home Safari once each day from its Facebook page. Check the page for details. https://www.facebook.com/cincinnatizoo
- www.scholastic.com/learnathome has articles, stories, videos, and fun learning challenges free for up to 3 hours per day.
- www.storylineonline.net/ is a free literacy program where actors read to children.
- Rivet is a free app that families can download with thousands of leveled readers. You can download the app at Google Play.
- www.getepic.com/ is a digital library of books aimed at children under 12. It is free for educators, and you can join free for 30 days.
- www.learninga-z.com is offering free Raz-Kids and/or Headsprout through the end of the school year. Make sure to subscribe to Raz-Kids for the trial.
- The Florida Center for Reading Research has many free activities to do with children. https://fcrr.org/resources/index.html
- Khan Academy schedules for school closures has preschool to grade 12 activities. https://bit.ly/2UaBq1F
- Adventures in Familyhood identified 20 virtual field trips that you can take with your family. https://adventuresinfamilyhood.com/20-virtual-field-trips-to-take-with-your-kids.html
- Here is a list of over Over 30 Virtual Field Trips. https://bit.ly/3aYGTiK
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A WAY TO CONNECT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY?
Here are a few resources to get you set up with an online chat room:
- Microsoft Teams https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software
- Facebook Live https://www.facebook.com/facebookmedia/solutions/facebook-live
- Google Hangouts https://gsuite.google.com/products/meet/
- Zoho https://www.zoho.com/meeting/
- Zoom https://zoom.us/
- Join.me https://www.join.me/
UW EXTENSION – COVID 19 RESOURCES
The coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is impacting households, communities, and businesses. A new national survey shows that 1 in 5 households in the US have already had their income cut or stopped altogether. The frequently asked questions below highlight some common financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The answer to each question has links to government websites and the types of assistance that might be available. We will be adding additional information as new policies and resources are put into place.